Energy data and air data for Luxemburg
last updated: 2023-04-17
Photovoltaic (PV) data Mersch/Luxembourg
The following PV data of 4 units is showing that this form of energy is technically mature. The units (approx. 130 m²) are producing the double in energy needed. This includes the energy for heating (heatpump) and two electric cars.
The data is aimed to help comparing different PV units, and to give an overview of the solar radiation in Luxembourg.
Data from two identical photovoltaic units with 4 kWp from 2002, one unit with 2.7 kWp from 2008 and one unit with 10 kWp from 2017:
- Unit (WG) 2002: 4 kWp, angle of inclination 45°, azimuth +15° (15° west)
- Unit (WP) 2002: 4 kWp, angle of inclination 30° azimuth -75° (75° east)
- Unit (WK) 2008: 2.7 kWp angle of inclination 19° azimuth +15° (15° west)
- Unit (AU) 2017: 2x5 kWp angle of inclination 10° azimuth +90/-90° (east/west)
- In August 2018, the inverter of the WK system died. Outage for 15 days. The outage amounts to around 150 kWh.
- In 2016 there were some problems with the loggers. The daily values are therefore not complete.
- On 16 January 2011, a module of the eastern plant went bye-bye due to a hotspot (plant WP). This went unnoticed until 21 April, as the second string continued to supply energy. On the same day, the module was replaced free of charge (warranty). The loss amounts to around 360 kWh.
- On 06 August 2012, the inverter of the east system gave up. It was replaced on 22 August. The loss amounts to around 250 kWh.