Energy data and air data for Luxemburg
last updated: 2023-01-01
Photovoltaic (PV) data Mersch/Luxembourg
The following PV data of 4 units is showing that this form of energy is technically mature. The units (approx. 130 m²) are producing the double in energy needed by a 6 person household. This includes the energy for heating (heatpump) and the electric car (Nissan Leaf).
The data is aimed to help comparing different PV units, and to give an overview of the solar radiation in Luxembourg.
Data from two identical photovoltaic units with 4 kWp from 2002, one unit with 2.7 kWp from 2008 and one unit with 10 kWp from 2017:
- Unit (WG) 2002: 4 kWp, angle of inclination 45°, azimuth +15° (15° west)
- Unit (WP) 2002: 4 kWp, angle of inclination 30° azimuth -75° (75° east)
- Unit (WK) 2008: 2.7 kWp angle of inclination 19° azimuth +15° (15° west)
- Unit (AU) 2017: 2x5 kWp angle of inclination 10° azimuth +90/-90° (east/west)
- In August 2018, the inverter of the WK system died. Outage for 15 days. The outage amounts to around 150 kWh.
- In 2016 there were some problems with the loggers. The daily values are therefore not complete.
- On 16 January 2011, a module of the eastern plant went bye-bye due to a hotspot (plant WP). This went unnoticed until 21 April, as the second string continued to supply energy. On the same day, the module was replaced free of charge (warranty). The loss amounts to around 360 kWh.
- On 06 August 2012, the inverter of the east system gave up. It was replaced on 22 August. The loss amounts to around 250 kWh.
Air data Mersch/Luxembourg
Here the data for Sylvester 2018 (click on the image!):
Energy data for Luxemburg 2012 (german)
Getting Energy data for Luxembourg was not easy in the past. Fortunately for several years now, we can get data from the Luxemburgish regulatory authority ilr.lu and the statistical office statec.lu.
The following course in German from the 12 class T2EE contains many information and graphics: